Family Law Solicitors Birmingham, West Midlands
A mediator can help you and your ex-partner agree on children arrangements, without taking sides.
It can help you agree on the details of how you'll look after your children, such as:
- Where they live
- When they spend time with each parent
- When and what other types of contact take place e.g. phone calls
- Child maintenance payments
At the end of mediation you'll get a document showing what you agreed.
This agreement is not legally binding. You can make it legally binding by getting a solicitor to draft a consent order for a court to approve after mediation.
You can get help with preparing to make arrangements and reaching an agreement.
You can also:
- Ask a solicitor about other ways to resolve issues out of court
- Contact Citizens Advice to find out about any other help you can get
- Ask for support from social services, if issues like domestic violence or drug abuse are making it harder to agree on child arrangements