Business Immigration Services Birmingham, West Midlands
You can apply to extend your Turkish Worker visa if you already have permission to stay in the UK as a Turkish Worker. You can only extend your visa if you're already in the UK as well as meet the eligibility requirements to extend your visa.
How long can I remain in the UK?
The length of time you can apply to extend your stay for and what job you can do depends on how long you've legally worked in the UK
- If you have worked in the UK for 3 to 4 years, you can be in the UK for up to 1 year. You may change employer, but in the same occupation.
- If you have worked in the UK for 4+ years, you can be in the UK for up to 3 years. You can work in any occupation for any employer.
After 5 years, you may be able to apply to settle in the UK permanently (ILR).
This gives you the right to live, work and study here for as long as you like, and apply for benefits if you're eligible.
I'm ready to apply. What supporting documents do I need?
When you apply to extend your visa you'll need to provide:
- A valid passport or other document that shows your identity and nationality
- A biometric residence permit showing your Turkish Worker visa
- Proof of all your employment during your current stay in the UK, including payslips and bank statements for the whole period you've worked here
You should also provide evidence that shows you have been legally employed in the UK with the same employer for at least 3 years, and you're planning to:
- carry on doing the same type of job, if you've been legally employed for between 3 and 4 years
- work for any employer doing any job, if you've been legally employed for 4 years or longer
Evidence can include things like a letter from your current or prospective employer, or a current job application letter.